Saturday, June 3, 2017

DIY: Off-Shoulders Crop Top

Off-shoulders and/or crop top is not a thing in the past, in fact it's on-trend every summer! Finding an off-shoulders crop top with a right fit to my petite body frame is not a straightforward task. That's why I opt for this simple DIY project on refashioning an old blouse into an off-shoulders crop top.

For a mom at home like me, shopping for my personal wants is off the list. I may have time or budget to buy an off-shoulders top but the main concern is the fitting. I am fond of DIY so I rummaged my closet to get a prospect material for the project. Good thing I found this!

I wore this off-shoulders blouse when I was pregnant with my 2 kids. I haven't used this since then and tiny holes were starting to show up in the front section.

But the with the upper part okay and an off-shoulders feature, I think this is the right one for my DIY: Off-Shoulders Crop Top project.

You'll Need: Basic sewing tools and mere sewing skills.

Step 1: Measure 1.5 inches from the last elastic stitch. Then cut.

Step 2: Fold a half inch and sew to make a hemline. Having a sewing machine makes the project fast and easy!

It's done! This is perfect for a day strolling at the beach.

Can't wait to try it on...excuse my not-photogenic pics! Photo credits to my son.

More pics at the pool side with my family...

By the way, the lower part of the old blouse that has no holes is still usable. Please check my other post later - DIY: Criss Cross Back Halter Top.

No comments:

Post a Comment