Thursday, September 17, 2020

DIY Black Panther Helmet | Used Cardboard

Hey guys! I hope everyone is doing well. It's sad that Chadwick Boseman passed away. Especially the kids who looked up to him as a great hero, the Black Panther. One of those kids is my son who happened to have a Marvel movies marathon that week. And when I told him about it, he asked if we could make a Black Panther costume. So, in this video, we'll start with the Black Panther helmet.

But before everything else, please subscribe to my channel.

First, I got this template from Pinterest and printed it on 9 sheets of bondpaper which I just reused coz there is still a blank space at the back.


Materials:
Used folder
Used bondpaper
Masking tape
Black cartolina
White glue

I also printed a small version of the template as a guide.

This is very easy to do when our main material is the rubber mat but it cost 45 pesos per piece which has the same size of a bondpaper only so it would cost me 405 pesos for 9 pieces plus an industrial glue B6000 which is 150 pesos. Anyways, this will be used only at home as one of my son's toys and not for a contest or event so it's alright to recycle the things we have at home.

To reinforce the masking tape where the pieces are joined together, I do the papier mache technique.

It's done, well it's done for now. But if there's an event or cosplay char cosplay, we can do better than this like doing another paper mache on the outer side or put silver tape on the lines or use the rubber mat as the main material for this DIY Black panther helmet. Actually, I have leftover rubber mat from my last project but those are red.

To see how I made this costume, please subscribe and we'll see each other on the next video. Thank you for watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment